Monday, October 13, 2008

Resignations & Good Byes

Before you begin to rejoice on the fact that Iyer Education has resigned (to fate)... and is around for taking the last bow, let us be the first to tell you that IT IS NOT SO...

Now that we are done with the opening lines, here is one thing that has kept us thinking... very profoundly... How can people, who write such torturous and horrendous (official)emails (that excludes us), write so wonderful resignation mails and good bye emails.

The most obvious reason is that we are getting templates for almost everything under the sun. All we have to do is do a search on any of the popular search engines and we can get a list of templates that would span across, leave letters to your teacher and goes all the way up to letters/speeches to become the next president of the United States of Airoli.

Here is my friend from this office taking the help of such a website. Enjoy and spread the word...

Name: Gobbledygook
Nick: The school days letter writer
USP: Salutation and the first word of a new paragraph always begins on the center of the email.

Official Email(his language): I got a mail from ABC, When i am installing this software an error will come (we think he is trying to explain that he's getting an error). This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package.

Resignation Letter(website help)
: This is to inform you that, Due to my some personal Problems, I need to relocate back to xxx with my family, I have a remorse feeling (now this guy is talking super-hi-fi english)with me while informing you that I would not be continue with this job in future. Please treat this as my advance notice to the company. I would like to take this opportunity to thanks to all of you for your great help and guidance during this tenure of my job. It would be appreciated if I will get my clearance letter and all formalities completed by xxx. Thanks

Did we mention that the salutation and the paragraph begun on the center of the mail body. At least something was original

We wish this guy would blog, and we find his blog address... It'd be fun reading his posts

adios...

4 comments:

Karthik said...

LOL! There have been quite a few resignations at my office that I just need to search my Inbox with the subject as 'Last Day at.." or "Bidding Aideu"..So no need of googling in this case.

And by the way what happnede to your movie spoofs. 'Kidnap' review.
hehe

Sense said...

Iyer! priceless... I have strong feelings that i must have several undiscovered masterpieces languishing in inbox. i shall send all of 'em to ewe so you can compile 'em into a brilliant post!

Cloudy said...

And then there was this chappie who was in all seriousness looking for a pedestrian to treat his 2 year old kid.

ray said...

Hi,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be very good.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Iyer Education...’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,
Ray