Friday, January 27, 2006

Tag this redux!!!

My views on tagging are clear and evident. You can find them here. If you concur with me, you can proceed to read the post, if you don’t, you can still read the post and I will not complain to your mummy that you read it. I promise…

Now this tagging thing is getting onto me. It really is. I thought tagging was just a fad. It would go off at some point in time and we would get to read something more interesting. But then this thing is catching up like crazy. And to add to it, the number of taggers and taggees are increasing exponentially. And I ponder… Why? Why? Why? Why don’t I take up a tag? And slowly and steadily… I came up with this list…

I am not very foresighted. I don’t have a proper vision. Other Bloggers can come up with 874 traits they are looking in the opposite (or same) sex ? and the worst part is that I have to read the 874 different expected traits on 1596 different blogs, which essentially means I managed to read up 13,94,904 different traits. Myers and Briggs tried and tried and tried and came up with just 16 of them. But the point of contention here is that those 13,94,904 are ‘doosre log’ ka wanted traits… not mine. And I don't know what to expect of my future partner (definitely of the different sex). So all you "fruity fellas", find some other place.

I belong to the old school of thought. For me a toilet mug WILL always remain an object than a piece of luxury. For the others, toilet mugs have become more of a luxury than an accessory. I see some Bloggers celebrating “toilet mug week” on their various blogs and see pictures of mugs / jugs or whatever you call them being posted there. I never knew there was an occasion where we celebrate toilet mugs. Had I known this before, I wouldn’t have let that ‘lil shower’ thingy installed in my loo. Boo hoo now I don’t have a toilet mug to click and post :(

I don’t know myself very well. Also trying to enumerate anything about me would be very very difficult for me. trust me it is very difficult. I am such a dumb ass that I don’t know the following things about myself…
  • 10 different chappals I wear
  • 9 colors of undies that I like
  • 8 shapes of baniyan that I prefer
  • 7 freakin days in my (one) week…
  • 6 incidents that wrecked my life time and again
  • 5 pandavas which I don’t know are related to me
  • 4 different formulas in quadrilaterals
  • 3 scented hair oils that are used to massage the interiors of my nose and ears
  • 2 ka multiplication table, which I still don’t recollect
  • 1 babe I would like to date (shouldn’t this one be on 10?)
So how do you expect me to take up tags when I don’t know so much about myself. Sometimes I feel I should kill myself. But then I say to myself, let somebody else do it (the killing re… not the tagging) for me and suffer the consequences too… but I don’t think that is possible too, because people like me are just alive because it’s illegal to shoot us ;)

I am not an avid reader. I don’t own thousands and thousands of books. Neither do I read “Jaafrrey Achaar” or “DontShowBha Night” and all of their uncharacteristically created weird characters. The only three books that I have ever read in my life are “Balbharati”, “Kumarbharati” & “Yuvakbharati” and that too because it was compulsory for us during school and college to read them. So I cant write my trysts with all the three bharatis. People will look down upon me for being so littly read…

I do a lot of outsourcing. I don’t believe in finding the 5th word of the 23rd line of my 56th post. It has lead me to lot of problems. How you’d ask me. Let me explain. Firstly, let me get the 5th word of the 23rd line of my 56th post. Aah… it happens to be ‘juxtaposition’ and I am expected to make a statement out of this and post it. The only problem is that I don’t know the meaning of the word ‘juxtaposition’ because bird had written the 5th word of the 23rd line of my 56th post. And that is the only thing that he has contributed, in my post. And I blame him for using such a non-social word. Hmpf… no wonder lots of Americans are against outsourcing…

Those were some of the reasons that I don’t take up tags. There were 732 more reasons but they were left out due to want of words to describe them. They are very complicated and don’t have anything (verbally or otherwise) in this whole wide world that could possibly describe them. So let me thank god for not providing me with that kind of a vocabulary (you can thank him too later)

adios…

PS: I have nothing against perennial taggers and taggees. This post is up close and personal and all the ideas reflected here solely and personally belongs to me and ONLY me. So you can keep those hockey sticks and baseball sticks down.

15 comments:

Debalina said...

Geeez..You should have posted this before I tagged you !
;)

Demi Goddezz said...

hmmm...thinking....thinking again...still thinking.. will get back to u ... still thinking..:PPP

BTW fundoo tha post..ehhehe

IdeaSmith said...

Would tend to agree with you except that I enjoyed the 55-word story tag.

SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

I dislike tagging too..Takes me to a time when I was only 15 and I had to fill up 40-1 slam/autograph books with questions tht made my nerve bark n bark.......And about the Mugs,,,,,hihihi, toilet mug eh?? I took the snappie of a candle mug but guess no one got it.....I will never tag and I am under oath after reading your words of wise-doom!!

KJ said...

ROTFL!!!

Iyer Education ko itna gussa kyon aata hai?

have a nice weekend...

:-))

Planck said...

Oh god!
that was hilarious!
Seriously... really liked your post...
:)

Lord of all Things said...

rotfl!! and yeah i hate slam books tooo .. have to write nice stuff abt ppl u hate:P involves creativity :D

and yeh finllly sooper template colors and all da!!

localhost said...

Just happened to stop by.. No...!! not because i'm an Iyer who's interested in education...!!! ... nice blog...

iyer education said...

debalina: i already had made my views regarding tags long time back... but chalo neways... i stuck to it and didnt take up the tag :)

winny: i think all your thinking has gone "In Vain" ;)

idea: that was the only tag involving creativity... so i agree with you on that count

scribblez: iyer doesnt impose things... so you can still take things in your stride and not rely on iyer's wise-doom

kj: iyer ko gussa nahi pakaoogiri aata hai... want some?

sneha: thangew :)

LoAT: good that you liked the temblate... and nobody came to me with slam-books... they all thought i was a waste (not completely wrong, were they?)

ABCD: good you liked the place... and iyers dont need education... they just need realisation ;)

Divya said...

Hi again! Personally, I kinda find tags cute :-), but then, I used to find the slam book concept cute too:-).... anyways, about the post, really nice :-D.... found this cute too!! ( gawd, I seem to find everything cute these days :P!!)

iyer education said...

divya: all those stupid excuses regarding tagging apply only to me... so u can still like tagging and slamming books... :)

divya said...

OH! Dont you worry about that :-))however valid your excuses might seem, its pretty difficult for someone like me to like or dislike something , just because there is a good enough reason to do so ! So you dont need to feel guilty about hurting my sentiments ;-P

Demi Goddezz said...

grrr and i think ur brain is gone in Vain:PPP

iyer education said...

divya: wogay... combletely yaccepted :)

winny: my brain... thats an oxymoron... think again and then make a statement ;)

amIda1 said...

dude(?)! you are a GENUIS!

its like there are loads of idiots polluting the internet with their stupid navel gazing and then you come across a masterpiece like this! its worth it man!

you are on my "recommended construing" list!

Besides , i never knew that south indians could be *intentionally* that funny! ;)