Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Injury – XIII

Long Long Ago, when I was a little child…
Some called me weird, others called me wild…
My childhood was very pathetic and gory…
Justice I need, there’s the judge, where’s the jury?

Gory indicates presence of pus, flesh and blood…
Sometimes it was drought, sometimes it was flood…
But all in all, my life is devoid of happy stories…
All I remember are the thirteen different injuries…

One and two are when I fell off the bi/tri cycle…
Peddling and trying harder to ride my first vehicle…
Three and four when the piggy bank broke on my head…
I had just started to save and I just got hit with solid lead…

Five and six happened when I got ran over by a car…
Running on the road to school that was away, so far…
Seven and eight happened in college sitting on the porch…
When I was ragged by seniors to sit on a lighted torch… (ouch)

Nine and ten while working and I felt like I slipped over moss…
While I was caught napping and chatting by my ever infamous boss…
Eleven and twelve got so badly torn that I had to sit and stitch…
The same woman broke my heart twice… and I say… THAT BITCH… ;)

Injury number thirteen… thirteen is unlucky for sure…
This is when I marry… and a blabbering wife to endure…
Those, my friends, are injuries through my life…
Now I have a bigger problem, and I call her wife…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This lame attempt at poetry is nothing but a mild rash as compared to this wound and this wound. Sorry winny, I decided to do some TP without informing you in advance… mee-mee-cry… remember :)… now to end this post in typical iyer style… read the PS…

adios…

PS: PS here stands for pakaoo shayari (in this case doha)

Raamchandra keh gaye siya se, aisa “kaliyug” aayega…
Picture to flop hogi bhaiya, bas gaana chalta jaayega…

8 comments:

KJ said...

Thank god, I am still not affected by IYER Tension!!!

That song from kalyug is just MAGIC!!!

If I ever get the time to see that movie, it wud be for that ONE song only...

:-))

Demi Goddezz said...

IYERRRR: ehheh badiya badiya...now ill have to write counter healing posts for the wounds..eh?aur aagese eise mujhe shock math diya kar..grrrrrrrrrrrr;)

memphis said...

shock???!!! iyer, never knew u can generate electricity!

Did u first write the poem or it was the header first followed by the poem?

SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

U caught me by surprise by writing a poem or 'the thing where words rhyme'. Reminded me of
1,2 buckle my shoes
3,4 knock at doors.................

You are a person who remembers your wounds man...Good stuff 'eye ear'! :)

IdeaSmith said...

Actually the style reminds me of Ogden Nash. That's a compliment, Iyer.

iyer education said...

kkj: you DONT do two things in life
1. suffer from iyertension
2. watch a movie for a song

in both cases you tend to suffer :)

winny: sorry bola na tereko post mein... abhi kya bhaav khaati hai re... i will have over-the-counter-malayali-ayuvedic-healing-medicines instead of counter-healing posts... is that ok?

paras: no wonder people say i am electryfing and shocking... i first came up with the blog and then came up with the header and then the post... now following it up with comments ;)

scribblez: wounds leave scars... and i have 13 of them... of all shapes and forms... so i dont have the trouble of remembering them ;)

idea: ogden nash? i think we had a poem by him called "spectator" or something like that... thanks for the compliment... :)

Demi Goddezz said...

ok ok tu bhi kya yaad rakhega :P

IdeaSmith said...

Hey....nice template. Much better than dull ol' grey. Who sez faculty members gotta be boring....especially when they're teaching 'iyer education'?