Saturday, August 06, 2005

And it finally happened...

And IT finally happened to me… (Now please don’t start to distract your minds into all sorts of permutations and combinations)… read the post…

I always wanted the computer to go wrong… I also programmed a lot of modules, which only went wrong… guess there were some connections there in… I always thought human beings were the smarter of the lot… computers were just programmed to act in a way… but then the advent of ATM’s proved me wrong…

The ATM never went wrong when it came to dispensing the required amount for me… every time I used to visit an ATM, I used to be happy to see the balance on my account… but whenever I walked out, I used to be sad because the damn machine would dispense the exact amount that I punched in… I used to hate that… but all that changed on a rainy Wednesday night…

Abhi, Bird and Yours Truly had our usual “tullee” sessions at Harish (this time the venue was changed from CT to Harish because of overcrowding). And at Abhi’s request, we had white rum instead of the regular IB that we have… (damn him for that… please don’t have white rum… ever) and were back in a “happy and light” state…

Then I remembered that I had to withdraw some money… and went to the “Great Grand Mother of All Banks”… ICICI Bank (or as Maharashtrians would like to call it “Aai Chi Aai Chi Aai”… hence great grand mother)… and in that happy state, I punched the ‘X’ amount… and waited for the amount to be dispensed… abhi was with me in the ATM and bird was standing outside enjoying his company of his Wills (nah re its not Will power… its “Made For Each Other” wallah Wills Navy Cut).

The machine took its own time… never had it taken so long to dispense the amount… but this time around this machine counted the notes over and over again… (atleast it sounded that way)… but in any case… when it finally did dispense the amount… Voila… I had ‘X + 100’ in my hand… at first instance I thought I was drunk… but then I decided to confirm it with the transaction receipt… and there it was… right in my hand… the first mistake (for me) by an ATM…

Even W32.Samba must not have been so happy to receive the Filmfare Award (For best comedian)… that was the kind of happiness that I had when I had ‘X + 100’ in my hand… all I ever wished (other than beating Mannu in NFS… I have even achieved that hehe…) was the damn ATM to dispense more than I wanted… and that wish was granted…

(Now the thanks note...)

Thank you god, thank you great grand mother (the bank), thank you abhi, thank you bird, thank you harish, thank you white rum, thank you ‘Rs X’… any of the above would have been responsible for the above incident… (have I missed out anyone or anything?)

adios…

PS: Account Number, Amount and PIN Number being withheld for security reasons

14 comments:

APOO said...

Be a good man. Go give the money back to ICICI.

Makes me wonder, if we ever got less money, how do we claim it back?

abhi said...

Iyerii: listen to the good man a.jo ...

Apoo: iyerrii's following ur footsteps on cocktails now ... just created a gem called "Iyerated Water" .. will provide the ingredients later for security and reasons

and again Iyerii: the next time you make stupid suggestions for tullee material .. like that no good white rum ... i will slap you ... and whats more ... you have the audacity to put forth my name for this act ... criminal this ...

abhi said...

security and copyright issues*

TheBridge...On The Other Side said...

Iyer-O,
Go to ICICI and tell them what happened...don't give the money back. Tell them you're informing them as it is your duty but keeping the money as a souvenir. Win-Win situation. U keep the money they get the information and save crores trying to figure out where the 100 went. U may even figure in their in-house mag (if they have one).

Wankkam.

garfy said...

Dont listen to these ppl... Why on earth would they "ask" you to return the money when they have access to all your money?

Ienvy you... this has never happened to me... Primarily cos everytime I go to the ATM it has this "temporarily out of service" notice! :(

SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Reminds me to the tag that all the TAMS in Chennai, Citibank fused out coz o the rains in Mumbai and the ATMS being drowned by the rain- Seems like the control ATM was in Mumbai for CITIBANK...
:)

iyer education said...

everyone: all your suggestions are welcome... but i am going to do this... am going to put a lil note in their suggestion box regarding the incident... the bank is happy and so am i... so thats it...

abhi: dont lie on blogosphere... its u who decided against IB... so you are the one to be primarily blamed... not the one who ordered for white rum

adios

APOO said...

Hmmm... Iyeri, we have the Joshi kaa Josh against Iyerated Water... lol... I like that. Now dont put your name on that note u put in the suggestion box!

Abhi. Waiting for ya to land in Uncla Sams land, lotsa good cheap tullee toxicayions here!

iyer education said...

apoo: thank bird for that, he is the one who "christened" the drink... though i was the unlucky one serving the drink throughout :)

IdeaSmith said...

...reminds me of the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters from HHGG...thank your stars you're serving it then, and not consuming it!

Madame Mahima said...

rumpy just keep the damn money..apoo's just jealous.

this reminds me of the time i entered the lift and saw a $10 note lying there. I took it as God's way of saying 'Go ahead kiddo, have a great day =) '

Um also i shouldnt confuse this with the time i found a $10 note near my foot, while waiting for the bus. i picked it up and told my friends 'ha! suckers! i got it! mine mine'
yea..mine alright. turns out it had fallen out of my purse.

Ravi Nambiar said...

Dost,
Lets all (Loutan,Sallu Bhai,Ravindra included) meet up today evening at Bharat and for a change lets celebrate this at the Excellency

Ham Hai Na aaa Hum Hai Na.

iyer education said...

ravi: have you heard about "aamdanni atthani, kharcha rupaiya..." this is an exact case of "aamdani atthani, kharcha hazaar rupaiya"... lets party some other time... not to mention at YOUR cost...

Ravi Nambiar said...

Dost,
Lets all (Loutan,Sallu Bhai,Ganya included) meet up today evening at Bharat and for a change lets celebrate this at the Excellency

Ham Hai Na aaa Hum Hai Na.