Monday, June 20, 2005

Dekho Baarish Ho Rahi Hai!!!

As the legendary Anu Malik once stated…

“Dekho Baarish Ho Rahi Hai…
Its Raining… Its Raining… Its Raining “
(I wish I could have sung it than just writing it down here… I love imitating Anu Malik)

Its actually started raining out here in Mumbai. Looks like all of
Ralph’s efforts of marrying off donkeys for pleasing the rain-god have finally paid off. It’s a heavenly relief from the scorching heat that we had to go through all this summer. But at the same time rains have always been a source of “Deja-Vu” for me… Rains always have been a road down memory lane for me and every year the road seems to be just getting longer with all the years gone by providing me with various events to remember…

I love rains… it is so wonderful… the sight of the sky, the fragrance of the mud after the first droplets touch the ground, the beauty of lightning, the roaring of thunders, the frogs, the earthworms, the potholes (oops wrong selection), the drenched babes (now I am getting there… wet hair is so beautiful), the colourful umbrellas, the kiddo gumboots and lotsa other things that I love about rains…

But this year the rains don’t seem all that appealing to me… It takes a lot in me to make that statement, but seriously… the rains haven’t got me so excited this year… probable reasons

I cant get wet and completely sloshed… Have to report to office every day (*sigh*)

I cant relish a hot Vada Pav and Cutting Chai when I am in a complete drenched state

I cant play football in torrential rains (it rarely rains on Sundays when I have a day off)

I cant take a “Rain Stroll” in and around Mumbai… which I aimlessly used to do and actually enjoy

I cant be given a day off from work for getting drenched… I used to get a day off in college for the same reason (and get marked present too)

It just doesn’t rain on Sundays… Rains like cats and dogs on all other week days… But Sunday is strict NO NO… God Knows Why?

All I can do right now is to keep wishing that it rains so hard out here for the next coupla days that the train-services get disrupted and I have a day off to do whatever I just said I wanted to do… God… Are you listening? (
Or Do I have to get a new pair of donkeys married off again)

adios…

3 comments:

soumya said...

when we were going schools then it used to rain heavily on sundays only

but now we r always in ofice while it rains outside and i will be really missing all the action u mentioned plus chay aur pakodi

SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Its raining men and also flooded streets at blore.....gud observation

KJ said...

u can njoy hot hot pakoras or vada pav & chai, sitting & watching the rain from ur window. Here in the gulf countries, we miss the rains so much... lucky u all. here the temp now is 48degrees, hot as hell....

enjoy the rains