Friday, April 29, 2005

Placement Pinks (Blues Doesnt Rhyme)

I decided to share this thing called Placement Pinks (I think Placement Blues doesnt sound too good)... with people who go for placements... thats what they call it in B-Schools, popularly known as Executive/Final Placements... this phase comes up to people who do not study in popular B-Schools and do not get campus recruitments...

Searching for the right kind of job is a big thing... when ur offered a lot of things... i had to reject a lot of offers due to lack the right kind of post that i was looking at... I tried everything... from sales to asset management to technical lead and got offers everywhere and i was tempted to pick up almost every offer... but thanks to sapna, abhijit and alap (believe me... these guys just rock)... i was able to be more patient and waited for the right kind of opportunity to come by and then accept it...

It so happened that I finally got an offer of my choice... I just got the confirmation yesterday and am on the way to pick up my appointment letter... I am at Nariman Point... pretty close to where Sapna is... so thats a double whammie for me actually :)

My special thanks to
  • Abhijit(Krodhit Valmiki) and Alap(Sparks Shivashankaran), Dipesh(Baba), Mitesh(Doggie) who have helped me to be more patient:
  • Ravi, Subhash & Sethu who helped me with my resume, printouts and lots of other things both tangible and intangible...
  • Sapna who is my calming factor... who has put up with me in good times and bad times...
  • My family to have been so patient with me and my whims :)
  • All my well wishers and friends... that includes everyone who i know even remotely...
My word of advice to people seeking placements is that keep on the lookout for options... weigh them... have sapnas and abhijits and alaps with you for the purpose of moral support... it pays off to have people like them... and finally have a mind of your own to accept or reject jobs of your liking or otherwise :)